Never let your online presence go wrong!
In general terms, cloud is a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet and used to store, manage, and process data in place of local servers or personal computers. Cloud also known as cloud computing is a means of storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead computer's hard drive. The cloud is just a symbol for the Internet.
The first cloud computing services are barely a decade old, but already a variety of organisations from start-ups to global corporations, government agencies to non-profits, every business is embracing the technology for all sorts of reasons. The major reasons to use cloud computing are:
- Create new apps and services.
- Store, back up and recover data.
- Host websites and blogs.
- Stream audio and video.
- Deliver software on demand.
- Analyse data for patterns and make predictions.
Apart from several reasons of using Cloud, the array of available cloud computing services is vast, but most fall into one of the following categories:
- SaaS (software as a service): This type of public cloud computing delivers applications over the internet through the browser. virtually all enterprise applications, including ERP suites from Oracle and SAP, have adopted the SaaS model. Typically, SaaS applications offer extensive configuration options as well as development environments that enable customers to code their own modifications and additions.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service): PaaS provides sets of services and workflows that specifically target developers, who can use shared tools, processes, and APIs to accelerate the development, test, and deployment of applications. PaaS can ensure that developers have ready access to resources.
- IaaS (infrastructure as a service): At a basic level, IaaS public cloud providers offer storage and compute services on a pay-per-use basis. But the full array of services offered by all major public cloud providers is staggering: highly scalable databases, virtual private networks, big data analytics, developer tools, machine learning, application monitoring, etc.
The need for cloud computing as per business needs, perspective and movement. All this because of the following benefits:
- Software as a Service.
- Platform as a Service, for a developer, this serve be the right option.
- Infrastructure as a Service –for business enterprise, IaaS can be a great option.
- Private IaaS cloud – if it is a large enterprise and want to provide self-service with chargeback (or showback) to different divisions of the company, then private IaaS cloud is the best option.